Step 1: mix all ingredients in a large bowl:
Step 2: Sneak some cookie dough while you think Mom isn't looking:
Step 3: Notice the camera looking at you and say in the sweetest voice, "Sorry Mommy".:
Step 4: Your dough should resemble this....IF you are making oatmeal chocolate chip cookies that is..
Step 5: Drop by rounded teaspoonfulls onto an ungreased cookie sheet and place in oven:
Step 6: Let cool and place on plate:
Step 7: Enjoy the first cookie because you were such a good helper!
And finally...Share the recipe because it was soo yummy!
Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies:
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar until smooth. Beat in eggs one at a time, then stir in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt; stir into the creamed mixture until just blended. Mix in the quick oats, walnuts, and chocolate chips. Drop by heaping spoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 12 minutes in the preheated oven. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.