Pages

Monday, January 23, 2012

Afternoons of Art Week 1

Today since my friend Amanda's little boy didn't have school and I have been slacking on getting this weeks lesson plans together for mine, we decided to get the kids together for a little art project and then while the kids all played we made a project I found on pinterest last week. We had planned for Friday get togethers, but this week we improvised.
I decided that a simple project for the kids would be better than a more elaborate one since we had 2 preschoolers and 2 older kids (7 and 9). I cut out hearts from the many cardboard boxes we have lying around and I made confetti out of pink and red construction paper. The plan was to glue the little pieces of paper onto the hearts in kind of a mosiac, the kids had other plans....lol!




Milla painted her heart red all over then stuck 2 pieces of paper onto it...and she was finished! Lol! She is more of a rough and tumble girl than an artsy girl, she wanted to play kickball in the backyard the whole time.

Zoe was more meticulous with her design and created an original piece of art. In fact, she made a couple of them.

I think William lasted about 10 seconds less than Milla did, his heart was fabulous with red polka dots.

Christien surprised me and actually sat down and made one as well, he usually has nothing to do with my little projects. He painted his heart red and made a smiley face with the little paper squares.

Zoe proudly displaying her masterpiece....This is the first one that she made.

Then after the kids were all crafted out, Amanda and I made these paper stars which now hang in my dining room. Well, the ones I made hang there anyway, Amanda took hers home, lol! You can find the instructions for these stars here..... Mine are made from 12 by 12 paper instead of 6 by 6 like in the tutorial. Amanda made little baby ones using smaller pieces of paper, I think I may steal her idea :)

No comments:

Post a Comment