Pages

Saturday, July 28, 2012

The One Where Jade Turns 16.


Wednesday was Jades birthday. Did I mention that she is 16? When did I get old enough to have a 16 year old? 
The week of her birthday was pretty hectic, and I didn't even get her cake baked until the afternoon of her birthday! Monday night, our AC went out, and it started warming up in the house, so there was NO way I was going to bake her a cake on Tuesday. The repairman didn't even pull up until around three pm on Tuesday. Luckily it was an easy fix and it was only 94 that day. We survived...that's what we are, survivors, lol!
So Wednesday afternoon we had a small party for her at my place where I gave her some gifts, and the kids drew cards and books for her. We had planned on having another family there originally but it ended up being only us which was way calmer and less stressful than it would have been if they had come, there's only so much chaos one can take, my kids carry enough chaos with them without added unruliness. Jade was actually extremely happy it worked out that way. 
After our impromptu party we had an appointment to make, and there was the business of changing our telephone numbers that rendered us phone-less for 30 minutes. 30 minutes without a phone when your kid is one place and you are another is kinda stressful, and add on the fact I was waiting for important phone calls as well, but I survived. It's amazing that we depend so much on technology. 
After the phone fiasco, we all loaded up in the car and took the littles to Grandma and Grandpa's house, they were super excited, they rarely get to see them , just about every 3 months or so, and they had been begging me to take them. Then Jade and I were on our way to pick up Mallissa from her house to celebrate with us (can you believe even after recovering from major surgery she was still able to come be with Jade on her day, Love her to death!). One more pit stop to get Jades friend Austin and we headed to Joes crabshack for dinner. Mallissa and I spent the time there trying to embarrass Jade:) We had fun, and Jade did too, until the Crab Shack staff got ahold of her, lol! 
Then it was off to the movies where we loaded up on popcorn and slushies and watched Ted. OMG, it was so funny, I wasn't sure how interesting they could make a movie about a talking bear, but it was good. We let Jade and Austin sit by themselves so Mallissa and I could catch up. It was an amazing night full of laughter, and good friends and we finally pulled in the driveway around 2am! Jade was happy she got to spend it with her boyfriend and her "Auntie Mallissa". I was just glad to get out of the house without the little's!

No comments:

Post a Comment